The program takes places on some Fridays 6:30 – 9:00pm and 10:30 – 6:00pm on Saturday and Sunday’s.
- Learn how to teach a 60 min. Vinyasa yoga class using dialogue, verbal cues and hands on adjustments
- Explore different teaching styles, the characteristic of a good yoga teacher, understand the type of yoga teacher you want to be and build your confidence and “unique voice” as an instructor
- Examine postural alignment, gain a deeper understanding of how yoga postures should be performed and understand how to correct common misalignments and perform modifications (verbally and physically)
- Learn about anatomy, kinesiology and physiology and apply them to yoga
- Understand the different physical and mental benefits delivered by yoga
- Further your own practice by taking part in yoga classes, broaden your knowledge of different yoga styles and begin to make yoga part of your daily life including practicing meditation
- Understand basic first aid and how to keep your students safe. Gain an insight into medical conditions that would inhibit the practice of hot yoga/yoga, in particular pregnancy
- Explore the history of yoga, examine different yoga forms and where they originated from, and study yoga philosophy
- Understand the business of yoga and how to make a career out of being a yoga teacher
Become A Teacher
While focusing on equipping you to teach Vinyasa yoga, the course will provide a solid foundation from which you can continue to explore other forms of yoga. You will be taught how to create and teach a vinyasa class based on the principals of alignment and the ancient practice of ashtanga vinyasa. This means you’ll have everything you need to begin teaching at all types of yoga and fitness establishments upon graduation and begin your journey as a yoga teacher.
Kathy Ran is Senior Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance and a Yoga Elder with Independent Yoga Network. She is proud to present her complete yoga teacher training course with Yoga Alliance teacher certification.
In this 200 hour yoga certification program you will learn a non-dogmatic synthesis of classical and contemporary techniques drawn from the best major systems today.
Some Fridays: 6:00 – 9:00pm I Saturdays: 10:30 – 6:00pm I Sun. 10 :30– 6:00
10 modules over 5 months I. January 2022
Kick off Weekend! I Foundation, Form & Function | Introduction to the eight limbs of yoga | Understanding why you should NOT believe everything you think | Audio, Visual and Kinaesthetic Learning | Yoga 101 I Manifest Board I Intro To Anatomy
Schools of Yoga I Styles of Teaching I 8 Limbs of Yoga I Philosophy and Personal Practice I History of Yoga In Our Culture I Intro to Pranayama and Meditation
Sun Salutation A & B I Primary Series of Ashtanga I Rocket Yoga and Intro to Sequencing
Vinyasa Yoga Weekwnd I Fusion of Dialogue I Adjustments I Benefits I Precautions I Rocket
Special Populations I Dealing with Injuries I Modifications I Restorative Yoga and Yin I Yoga Sutras I Yogic Lifestyle I Qualities of a Teacher I Bhagavad Gita I P I Fractice form and function I Asana Breakdown I Find your voice
Anusara I Principals of alignment I Yoga for the Ageing I Nidra Instruction I Chakras I Mantras I Mudras I Intention I Adjustments I Partner I Modifications I Teach and Practice Asana Adjustments I Science of Yoga I Business of Yoga
Hot Yoga Teacher Training I Dialogue I Adjustments I Benefits I Precautions I Levels I 108 Asanas– Advanced Hot Series I Chakras Mudras and Mantras
10 min. Practice I Feedback I Work in Groups I Find your Wings I Ethics I Sport Injuries I Find your Core I Prep for Practicum I Practice I Creating your Unique Style I Music I Creating Atmosphere I TEST
Assignments Due I Practicum weekend I Graduation