The program takes places on some Fridays 6:30 – 9:00pm and 10:30 – 6:00pm on Saturday and Sunday’s.
- Learn how to teach a 60 min. Vinyasa yoga class using dialogue, verbal cues and hands on adjustments
- Explore different teaching styles, the characteristic of a good yoga teacher, understand the type of yoga teacher you want to be and build your confidence and “unique voice” as an instructor
- Examine postural alignment, gain a deeper understanding of how yoga postures should be performed and understand how to correct common misalignments and perform modifications (verbally and physically)
- Learn about anatomy, kinesiology and physiology and apply them to yoga
- Understand the different physical and mental benefits delivered by yoga
- Further your own practice by taking part in yoga classes, broaden your knowledge of different yoga styles and begin to make yoga part of your daily life including practicing meditation
- Understand basic first aid and how to keep your students safe. Gain an insight into medical conditions that would inhibit the practice of hot yoga/yoga, in particular pregnancy
- Explore the history of yoga, examine different yoga forms and where they originated from, and study yoga philosophy
- Understand the business of yoga and how to make a career out of being a yoga teacher
Become A Teacher
While focusing on equipping you to teach Vinyasa yoga, the course will provide a solid foundation from which you can continue to explore other forms of yoga. You will be taught how to create and teach a vinyasa class based on the principals of alignment and the ancient practice of ashtanga vinyasa. This means you’ll have everything you need to begin teaching at all types of yoga and fitness establishments upon graduation and begin your journey as a yoga teacher.
Registerd with Yoga Alliance
Kathy Ran is Senior Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance and a Yoga Elder with Independent Yoga Network. She is proud to present her complete yoga teacher training course with Yoga Alliance teacher certification.
In this 200 hour yoga certification program you will learn a non-dogmatic synthesis of classical and contemporary techniques drawn from the best major systems today.
Some Fridays: 6:00 – 9:00pm I Saturdays: 10:30 – 6:00pm I Sun. 10 :30– 6:00
9 modules over 5 months I. January 2022
22 – 23 January
Kick off Weekend! I Foundation, Form & Function | Introduction to the eight limbs of yoga | Understanding why you should NOT believe everything you think | Audio, Visual and Kinaesthetic Learning | Yoga 101 I Manifest Board I Intro To Yoga Anatomy
5 – 6 February
Sun Salutation A & B I Vinyasa Yoga Sequence I Intro to Sequencing I Standing Asanas I Balancing Asanas I Separate Leg Asanas I Intro to Arm Balancing
19 – 20 February
Anatomy & Physiology of Yoga Weekend
5 – 6 March
IRocket Yoga Weekend I Vinyasa Yoga Weekend I Fusion of Dialogue I Adjustments I Benefits I Precautions Styles of Teaching I 8 Limbs of Yoga I Philosophy and Personal Practice I History of Yoga In Our Culture I Intro to Pranayama and Meditation
26 – 27 March
Schools of Yoga I 8 Limbs of Yoga I Philosophy and Personal Practice I History of Yoga In Our Culture I Intro to Pranayama and Meditation
9 – 10 April
Dealing with Injuries I Modifications I Restorative Yoga and Yin I Yoga Sutras I Yogic Lifestyle I Qualities of a Teacher I Practice form and function I Asana Breakdown I Find your voice as a teacher I Blocks, Props, Straps and Wheels
30 April – 1 May
Art of Sequencing I Dialogue I Adjustments I Benefits I Precautions I Levels I Pranayama & Meditation I Benefits I Teaching Beginners I Teaching Safely I Break it all down
14 – 15 May
Anusara Yoga I Principals of Alignment I Yoga for the Ageing I Nidra Instruction I Chakras I Mantras I Mudras I Intention I The Art Of Adjustments I Partner Yoga I Modifications I Teach and Practice Asana Adjustments I Science of Yoga I Business of Yoga I Test I Practice teach I Bhavad Gita
28 – 29 May
Assignments Due I Practicum weekend I Graduation
Request an application:
The next step is a phone interview and a recomendation from your yoga teacher.
*Pre-reading and learn sequence in sanskrit and english
*25hrs Asana classes (included in TTC cost)
*2 Asana self practices a week
*Daily self-practice of meditation, pranayama and asanas
*Daily self-study of notes, Yoga Sutras, Light on Yoga, and Anatomy
*Reading of Bagavad Gita & essay on Gita
*Journal once a day
*Observing 2 classes
*Teaching 1 class
Some Books Provided
*Complete Guide and Teacher Training Manual
*The Yoga Sutras of Patanajali
*(Other books may be added)
The 10 module course costs £2,750. Full course payments received before 31st January 2019 will benefit from an early-bird discount of £250.
The course cost includes all books, study materials and yoga classes taught on the weekends of the course as well as the mentor program.
Once you’re accepted onto the course, a non-refundable deposit of £500 is payable to secure your spot.
All lessons take place in
Yoga Blend Plymouth