Join our guest facilitator Ali for an afternoon of blissful connection and transformation through sacred sound. We will explore sound together as a form of meditation and self healing.
The afternoon begins with a short yoga flow to bring your mind and body fully into the space and more receptive to the sound work. Ali will guide us through some simple mantras; moving inwards through the voice before settling into an extended shavasana for the sound bath. This is an accessible form of meditation where we set our sankalpa (intention) then simply follow the sound as it slows the brainwaves and awakens our consciousness. Meanwhile every cell and organ of the body listens and recharges, soaking up the complex overtones and powerful vibrations. Ali works mostly with the gongs which represent the primordial sound of AUM, the sound which may lead us back to inner silence and one-ness. She also weaves in the pure tones of 432hz crystal bowls, elemental instruments like rain sticks, shakers and flutes, as well as her voice.
There will be vegan treats and tea served afterwards and a chance to ground, share and connect with like minded community.
Ali Gunning has dedicated herself to working with sound, breath and movement for the past ten years, as a sound healer, yoga therapist and retreat facilitator. She is a member of the college of sound healing and has gained multiple qualifications in gong and sound therapy in the UK, Europe, Nepal and India. Ali lives on The Lizard in Cornwall and is passionate about plant based and conscious living. See www.resonantbeing.net for more info.
• No experience of yoga, meditation or sound healing is required for this workshop
• Please speak to Ali before booking (07855 402837) if you are pregnant or if you have tinnitus, pace maker, metal implants from recent surgery, epilepsy – or with any other health concerns you may have
• The majority of the session will be laying down (plus seated on the floor for 20 mins or so) so if you need any assistance or a chair please speak with us in advance
• Please wear comfy clothes and layers as your body temperature may fluctuate during the sound bath
• Please leave 2-3 hours space between eating and attending the workshop and be well hydrated
• Please bring a pillow or cushion for under your head and a water bottle. All other equipment is provided – yoga mats plus bolsters, blankets and eye pillows for the sound bath. You are welcome to bring any other props you personally need for comfort and warmth. Please bring a water bottle
Starts at: 2020-04-04 14:00:00
Ends at: 2020-04-04 16:30:00
46 Mutley Plain, PL4 6LE Plymouth